There is a lot of confusion around the topic of refrigerating CBD oil. It’s understandable, especially since CBD oils need to be kept away from any type of heat source. However, does this mean that your refrigerator is the best place to keep your CBD oil? In this article, we will explore how to make sure your CBD oil stays fresh and effective.
Understanding CBD Oil
CBD oil is a type of cannabis or hemp-derived natural product. It contains a high amount of CBD but may also have other cannabinoids, including THC, and terpenes. There are many benefits associated with CBD use. Most notably, it can help reduce inflammation and relieve pain. CBD oil may also be used to treat anxiety, depression, nausea, epilepsy, and cancer symptoms, among other conditions.
Related Post: Find Out What CBD Oil Really Tastes Like
Does It Need to Be Refrigerated?
The quick answer is it depends.
CBD oil can be stored in a variety of ways, depending on the form it comes in and your intended use. The most important factor to consider when refrigerating CBD oil is whether or not it will be used immediately after purchase. If you plan to use it within a few days, refrigeration is probably not necessary.
- CBD gummies and capsules — Refrigeration is not required, but it can help prolong the shelf life of these CBD products. If you’re taking gummies or capsules for immediate use (e.g., upon purchase), storing them in a cool place like your pantry will do just fine. However, if you’re not going to consume them right away, refrigeration will help keep them fresh.
- CBD oils and tinctures — CBD liquids like oils and tinctures should be stored in a cool and dark place and used within six months of purchase. If you don’t plan on using the entire bottle immediately, it’s best to store it in the fridge. This will also help keep the product fresh.
Why Does It Matter?
In addition to its cannabinoid and terpene content, CBD oil may also contain many valuable nutrients which work best when stored in the right conditions. Refrigeration is beneficial because it helps preserve cannabinoids, vitamins, and fatty acids, especially if the room temperature inside your home is always hot and humid.
When CBD oil is exposed to heat or direct sunlight for long periods, these components break down faster than normal. This can impact the potency and effectiveness of the product.
In general, CBD oil should be stored in a cool place — ideally below 25 degrees Celsius — and away from light. If you can’t refrigerate it, at least keep it in a dark area like cupboards whose ambient temperature is lower than the room temperature.
Storing CBD Oil: How to Keep It Fresh and Effective
CBD oil is a valuable product with many potential health benefits. By following these CBD storage tips, you can help keep your CBD oil fresh and effective:
- Store in a cool place below 25 degrees Celsius ideally or in the refrigerator if the room temperature is too humid and warm.
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat like gas stoves, windows, and other appliances that produce heat.
- Check the expiration date before use.
- Keep the container closed tight to prevent oxidation.
- Consume within six months of purchase for maximum potency and freshness. If it’s not used within this time frame, you can store CBD oil in your refrigerator until then. For gummies and capsules, you may also refrigerate them immediately after opening the product. Just make sure to consume within one month.
CBD oil and other CBD products, for that matter, can be kept inside cupboards and cabinets where it’s dry, dark, and have a cooler temperature. However, if the room is too warm, then you can store your CBD oil inside the refrigerator. Just make sure to wrap it up in a dark material or place it inside a dark container that light can’t penetrate. The constant opening and closing of the door can still affect the integrity of the oil.
CBD Oil’s Health Benefits
More people decide to use CBD oil because of the benefits it can provide.
CBD oil may be used for anxiety, depression, stress, neuropathy, nerve pain, and other mental health problems. It improves mood and eases anxiety.
It can help with inflammation and various types of pain. CBD might even work to reduce chronic pain caused by serious diseases like cancer and multiple sclerosis.
CBD may help improve sleep quality. CBD oil has been known to help people sleep better. This is due to its ability to reduce anxiety and stress levels which often interfere with sleep.
It acts as a potent antioxidant. CBD oil is also a potent antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. This means it can potentially help fight free radicals in the body, leading to a reduced risk of diseases and infections.
Related Post: Does CBD Help With Tendonitis?
Is CBD Safe?
CBD oil is a safe and natural product. It is non-toxic, non-addictive, and non-psychoactive. It won’t get you high or addicted.
Potential Side Effects of Using CBD Oil
CBD oil can cause adverse effects in some people. These include:
- Nausea or vomiting, especially when taken on an empty stomach
- Lightheadedness and drowsiness, if too much is consumed at once
- Dry mouth since CBD can slow down the production of saliva by the salivary glands
- Low blood pressure since CBD can dilate the blood vessels
CBD is known to interact with other medications. If you’re taking medications, be sure to speak with a healthcare professional first before using CBD.
CBD oil is a natural product with many therapeutic effects. It need not be refrigerated, but you need to keep it stored in dark and cool storage that is below 25 degrees Celsius. If the room temperature is too warm, then you may refrigerate it. Just make sure to cover it with dark material to prevent the fridge’s light from affecting it.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your CBD oil remains fresh and effective. Remember to always check the expiration date, too, before use.